Sunday, November 23, 2008



Its that time of year where all I make is soup! (not really, but I make them more often when it gets cooler) This one is a favorite one that years ago my visiting teacher gave me. Thanks Sonjia!!

Here is the reciepe:

Minestrone Soup

In large 6qt pan brown:

1 lb ground beef

Add and saute:

1 onion

2or 3 celery sticks

Add:

2 qts water

2 cand diced tomatoes

2 small cans tomato sauce

1 rounded tbsp dried leaf oregano

1/4 tsp pepper

3/4 tsp garlic powder (or 3 cloves minced garlic)

3 tbs instant beef soup base (or 3 bouillon cubes)

2-3 carrots diced

Simmer for about 20 minutes then add:

1 can kidney beans-drained

1 can garbonzo beans-with liquid

1/2 bag frozen green beans

1 to 2 cups cooked penne ar shell pasta

Cook for 10 to 15 min. Garnish with parmesan cheese. and serve with homemade rolls (I need help in this department, because I am not a bread maker as you can see with the roll in that picture!!)

ENJOY!!!

0 comments: